Intern for Sweco’s International Department
Join our International Department in delivering meaningful consultancy services all around the world.
We are looking for interns with a general interest in the fields of environment, infrastructure, sustainable development and business development (international procurement).
Our Client portfolio includes development banks, multi/bi-lateral agencies, local governments, and private organizations across Asian, African and Eastern European countries. As our intern, you will work with and learn from a multi-disciplinary team of international colleagues who share a passion of creating sustainable solutions for our Clients.
We are interested in recruiting interns to cover environmental, social and engineering areas. The internship will be full-time with a duration of approximately 6 months starting from February 2024.
The internship will be completed at the Sweco office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
On a typical week we expect your tasks to include:
- Assisting in the implementation of international projects in the fields of water, wastewater, roads, environment, climate change, energy and sustainable development.
- Supporting Senior Consultants in the preparation of environmental, social and technical reports.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Supporting our business development team in various procurement tasks (technical proposals, expressions of interests, identifying relevant project opportunities).
- Assisting in general ad hoc. tasks.
Specific task will depend very much on your individual profile and skills as well as on our current projects under implementation and in procurement.
For us, the ideal candidate:
- Is currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master programme in Denmark in any of the following fields or equivalent: Social Sciences, International Studies, Development Studies, Sustainable Cities, Environmental Science, Geography, (Environmental) Engineering.
- Has a solid academic record.
- Has a structured and proactive mindset that can adapt well to dynamic environments and tight deadlines.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Is skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Is fluent oral and written English (C2 level). Fluency in French is an asset.
- General working experience is an asset.
- We expect a high level of ability to work independently and take initiative, once you get to know our department and the work flow.
Please note that:
- Applicants must either be enrolled at a Danish university or be from an EU/EEA country.
- Not yet graduated from a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- The internship is unpaid
Can you see yourself as a part of Sweco?
Then don’t hesitate to send us your application and CV via the link below. We will invite to interviews on an ongoing basis, so make sure you apply as soon as possible and no later than 12th of December 2023.
If you have any questions about the job, you are very welcome to contact Patrick Berkel by email: Patrick.Berkel@sweco.dk or phone no.: +45 27254047. E-mail applications will not be considered.
Transforming Society Together
Sweco is Europe’s leading architect and engineering company. We plan and design the cities and communities of the future. Together with our clients, our architects, engineers, and other experts create solutions that address urbanization and digitization and make our society more sustainable.
At Sweco in Denmark, you get 1,500 colleagues. In Europe, we have a total of 21,000 experts who solve tasks in 70 countries around the world every year.